Thursday, June 21, 2007

Hero



There has been something on my mind for a long time! Now that I have download the Instant Karma CD from I tunes for my shuffle the future for me seems clearer. I have had the song "Working Class Hero" cover by Green Day of the John Lennon classic. I grew up on the Beatles and then later John Lennon. He like Marley is timeless.
Working Class Hero
My break dancing punk of a brother and my PHD teaching aunt influenced me with enormous musical taste. Both taught me to speak up for what I believe in and never settle through the songs of Lennon and Marley. Their songs beg us to make a difference, stand up for our rights, and give peace a chance.


Today, I am saddened by what goes on in our world. And that know one is doing anything about. I mean people are making a difference, yet it is not like the struggles of the past. Young people are more concerned about the new dance move or the new bling. Or like I stated in my other blog showing their underwear! LOL Company’s look at it as a way to promote there brand and make money.

For those of you who don't know I am also a Business English Teacher here in France, for Fashion companies. A starving artist needs to eat!!!!! After playing "Working Class Hero" for my students both versions, something snapped in my head.

I want to be a working class hero!!!! I want to make a difference, before I die, I wanted to help children in need before I have my own, I want to tell the powers that be that their decisions do more then help the people, yet they hurt the people!

The Green Day version of Working Class Hero and Lupe Fiasco’s American Terrorist has been on repeat on my shuffle!!! I think I am going to give it all up and just go to Darfur and help! It has been something I have always wanted to do. I need to do something for the people who are not has fortunate as myself before I die.

If anyone knows of an organization that I can get in touch with to make this happen please let me know. If anyone knows of an organization that would sponsorship my blogg and me to my trip while I am there please contact me.

1 comment:

Style Canteen said...

its a sad truth.. but it truly does feel like the end is nigh. i have a family and every day i fear for safety against the mindless evils of the world. You go for it ! keep putting it out there .. i believe it'll come back to you just when you need it !
+ in the mean time i'll keep my radar on picking any useful info.