Sunday, September 30, 2007

Book of The Month


This week has been refreshing for me!!! I have turned myself around, turned the negatives into positives. Life is good and we should all be thankful for what we have. This might be because I am also fasting for Ramadam! (Feel great but my lips are so chapped!) It is always easier to reflect and harp on the negative, but my fast helps me understand that I am gifted and lucky.

I have found a new book to read. Because I love too read as well I have started to share this book with many of my clients that I coach. I coach more women then men, and through my research boy do we need coaching. This Thursday I made a break through with one of my clients at Rochas, which was just bought by Product and Gamble. She had a problem with the change,and every time we had a session she was stressed at and doubting herself.

It seems that the merger was not an easy one for the Rochas staff, who consider themselves as a Luxury Brand perfumer. That was acquired but an American soap maker, bringing the brand down. Many fail to realize that the brand was dead and P&G brought many new styles of building a brand to Rochas. What I have noticed is that French business fight change. Many of the staff do not see the opportunity in front of them. P&G is huge, and that for the future there will be many career opportunities.

This is were I come in. I coach Luxury Business professionals on how to do business in a new world. How to negotiate in English, how to change the way you work, it is not all about you it is about the team. Skills that are very hard for the French who prefer to work alone and do not trust anyone.

When low and be hold I started using exerts from the book http://www.amazon.com/Nice-Girls-Dont-Corner-Office/dp/0446531324 This book is not only for women who want to work in an office environment. It is for everyone women who wants to change their life, get a head and start a new career. I challenge all my readers to pick it up and learn something about yourself!! Enjoy!

1 comment:

monisini said...

Hi glad to read your book, just have a look on Buzzar.tv ,it is an online exhibition platform with 1000 brands,and 40 categories like cars apparel,fashion and fashion accessories,under category fashion there are collections of few fashion designers like Satya Paul,Rehane,Dig vijay etc
For further information contact
pramila@buzzar.tv